Our loss adjusters in the crossfire
In France, a domestic fire breaks out every 2 minutes, i.e. approximately 250,000 per year. The fire loss must be treated with a high degree of urgency by a team of loss adjusters, experienced in this type of intervention. Thanks to the experience of its employees, and a unit dedicated…
In France, a domestic fire breaks out every 2 minutes, i.e. approximately 250,000 per year. The fire loss must be treated with a high degree of urgency by a team of loss adjusters, experienced in this type of intervention. Thanks to the experience of its employees, and a unit dedicated to fire risk, the Stelliant group can provide the best possible support to policyholders in the event of a fire.
A distinctive feature of fire claims: scope of damage
All it takes it lack of attention or a faulty appliance to start a house fire.
The main causes of fires reported are:
- A malfunction of the electrical installations,
- A fireplace with bright flames (fireplace, barbecue, cooker) due to a design, maintenance or supervision defect.
- Slow burning products, incense, mosquito repellent, candles, cigarettes or forgotten cigars,
- Mixtures of chemical or phyto-sanitary products
- Malicious acts (arson),
- Ignition of a flammable object in contact with a heat source (bread grill, linen on an incandescent lamp, halogen, electric radiator, the list is long…
A fire can have very dire consequences from a human, material, financial and, of course, psychological perspective. This is especially true when the victim’s home is destroyed, in whole or in part, filled with toxic smoke and covered in soot. A disastrous scenario that can even go so far as to result in human casualties. In these situations, the victims need urgent assistance after they have informed their
Stelliant Loss Adjusting has the resources and determination to respond as soon as it is called upon. Sense of service is one of its corporate values, and our teams put it into practice with each fire claim they work on, no matter how serious.
When technical skills go hand in hand with humanity
A fire claim is a complex case, both in human and technical terms. In order to optimise the handling of cases, whatever the nature of the loss, and in addition to the technical skills required, the human factor and the ability to relate to people are priorities for our loss adjusters.
Thanks to the experience of our staff, including former firemen, our teams are well versed in this type of disaster. This is why our loss adjusters are on site within 48 hours to avoid any contamination of the premises.
Once on the scene of the disaster, they provide the first advice to the insured and carry out their investigation to determine the origin of the fire. To this end, the Stelliant know-how teams collaborate with various competent authorities, from the Public Prosecutor to the fire brigade and the police.
To carry out this know-how covered by a property insurance contract, our loss adjusters mobilize their knowledge on the following aspects:
- Legal: thorough legal knowledge to determine the liability of each party;
- Insurance: full understanding of all fire coverage clauses in the multi-risk home insurance contract;
- Technical: former architects, construction engineers, large fire specialists with the Paris Fire Brigade, etc.
Bolstered by their collective experience, Stelliant Loss Adjusting’s experts are able to assess damage (buildings, furniture, etc.) and put a number to the compensation package. But their job does not stop there. Stelliant Loss Adjusting’s fire claim experts take their support work very seriously. They remain attentive to the policyholders throughout the process and even through post- incident solutions by drawing on all the strengths of the Stelliant Group.
A tailor-made response to manage the fire
When managing complex cases with high stakes, our teams are able to organise themselves in project mode, mobilising several complementary skills in a coordinated manner to provide a complete, technically proven response to several aspects of a single claim:
- Fire investigation experts to determine the causes of the fire, Fine Art experts to assess damage to pieces of fine art, automotive experts if the fire occurred in a vehicle, finance experts to quantify losses, etc.
- An in-house laboratory with the technology tools and a fire cell made up of engineers and fire experts.
- Dedicated external sites where the start of the fire can be reconstructed in real conditions. The fire loss adjusters at our subsidiary, INQUEST, do everything in their power to find the causes of the fire.
For high-stakes financial and legal cases, our fire specialists work in project mode, requesting support from dedicated ultra-specialists (chemistry, physics, etc.). Complementary skills are leveraged for greater agility in managing fire claims and their consequences.
handled each year