Equipment Breakdown Insurance: Stelliant Loss Adjusting’s expertise
The machine breakdown guarantee covers all industrial and technical production machines or equipment during their operation by the company or the insured professional. From industrial production equipment to electronic equipment and lifting gear, machines are essential to the proper functioning of businesses. And this, whatever their size and sector (industry,…
The machine breakdown guarantee covers all industrial and technical production machines or equipment during their operation by the company or the insured professional. From industrial production equipment to electronic equipment and lifting gear, machines are essential to the proper functioning of businesses. And this, whatever their size and sector (industry, service, etc.). The occurrence of a disaster therefore weakens the viability of a structure, sometimes forced to completely stop its activity.
Equipment breakdown: a wide variety of incidents
Computers, agriculture, construction, public works, etc… all sectors and professionals who use production tools are exposed to multiple risks. These may involve:
- Agricultural or forestry machinery,
- Stationary power tools,
- Medical equipment,
- Computer equipment (servers, etc.),
- Topographic equipment,
- Machinery for lifting, handling and public works,
- Railway equipment,
- Cold chain machines (compressors, cold rooms, etc.),
- Renewable energy equipment, etc.
In operation, in stock or during maintenance, these machines are subject to significant potential damage: partial breakdowns, total destruction or disappearance.
Several different factors can cause this damage:
- Human cause: lack of maintenance, incorrect handling, incorrect use, sabotage, vandalism, theft;
- External hazards: drops, weather events, introduction of a foreign body;
- Internal causes: construction defect, jamming, manufacture or design defects, electrical damage, etc.
Whatever the type of claim, the consequences for the businesses impacted are severe: repair or replacement costs, production interruptions and business interruptions, etc. Stelliant Loss Adjusting answers the call any time insurance professionals and their customers ask. Both in terms of responsiveness and in the quality of the services provided for an equipment breakdown claim.
The Machine Breakdown specialist, an essential piston
As soon as a claim arises on a machine, the dedicated Stelliant Loss Adjusting team mobilises in France and abroad.
A computer server and construction machinery do not require the same technical skills, so Stelliant Loss Adjusting selects which of its experts to deploy on a case-by-case basis. Across its 30 years of experience, it has built up a network of specialists that can
be deployed for each machine.
Stelliant Loss Adjusting experts combine:
- In-depth knowledge of the specific equipment. They are able to understand the causes of the loss. They determine whether it was a breakdown or any other event covered by the policy, or if the loss was causes by a failure or other maintenance operation.
- Insurance expertise and a perfect understanding of the special clauses of the Equipment Breakdown Insurance taken out (covering rental costs for replacement equipment, optional additional operating expenses coverage, extension of coverage for computer and office equipment, etc.).
- A network of specialised service providers, well acquainted with the standards of their field. They are called upon to offer comprehensive assistance services – repairing, clearing, cleaning, recycling the damaged property, etc.
They rely in particular, during their costing, on a network of professionals in the sector (repairers, rental companies, dealers, builders, rescuers, etc.).
In agreement with the insurer and depending on the issue of the claim, our specialist experts can also use remote expertise before optimizing costs and response times.
As many alternative solutions as additional services. When necessary, our expert specialist in Machine Breakdown surrounds himself with other skills present within the Stelliant group in order to offer, in project mode, a complete response on several aspects of the same incident.
Equipment Breakdown: guaranteed comprehensive claim management
In terms of material, a machine breakage on the production tool necessarily entails financial consequences for the company or the insured professional. In this context, our specialist expert can call on a financial expert from the Stelliant group to precisely quantify the amount of the operating loss.
Depending on the nature of the incident, other specialties may be called upon to intervene in concert with the Machine Breakdown loss adjuster:
- Analyse the claim and determine the causes.
- Evaluate the financial losses for the business affected.
- Support an understanding of the equipment breakdown insurance contract enforcement.
- Conduct remote loss adjustments as necessary in everyone’s interest, saving both time and money.
- Accurately calculate the amount of damages to support a network of professionals (repairmen, rental companies, distributors, builders, salvors, etc.).
- Offer post-incident solutions that are both agile and cost-effective (equipment repair, debris clearance, etc.) to facilitate continuity or resumption of operations.
The commitment of our teams: comprehensive claim management for insurers and their customers.
In France or abroad, on site or remotely, damage or liability, the Stelliant group offers comprehensive, modular on the entire chain of risk. Whatever the complexity or the issue, we offer rapid and economically controlled solutions to all of our customers, for a long-lasting business recovery.
including 10 certified
handled each year