Public liability insurance: dealing with the unknowns of a company’s life
In day-to-day life, an incident unrelated to a company’s or professional’s business can cause damage to a third party. A customer’s car is damaged in a company’s car park, a supplier is injured on the premises during a sales meeting, etc… there are so many examples with obvious material and…
In day-to-day life, an incident unrelated to a company’s or professional’s business can cause damage to a third party. A customer’s car is damaged in a company’s car park, a supplier is injured on the premises during a sales meeting, etc… there are so many examples with obvious material and intangible consequences. In these situations, the company’s public liability insurance covers injuries occurring to other parties. Insurers call on Stelliant Loss Adjusting’s experts to assist professional policyholders until the dispute is resolved.
Public liability insurance: scope
Public liability (or before delivery) insurance applies to any material, intangible or bodily damage caused to a third party (customer, supplier, employee, etc.) that is unrelated to the specific business of the policyholding company or professional.
This concerns only incidents of a non-contractual nature occurring in the course of the company’s day-to-day activities, both on and outside the premises. Here are a few examples to illustrate this:
- A company salesman going to visit a prospective customer spills coffee on a production machine.
- An object falls and injures a customer passing through the company’s premises.
- The company’s defective gate closes on an employee’s vehicle.
Each of these situations falls under public liability insurance, which covers the expenses incurred to remedy the damage.
Whatever the type of claim, Stelliant Loss Adjusting has the specialised teams needed to do a fair, pragmatic loss adjustment and help insurance professionals process their cases quickly.
Teams at the service of professionals
With experience in the world of law, Stelliant Loss Adjusting’s experts are able to understand public liability insurance claims, in any context and industry.
Combining insurance and multidisciplinary technological skills, our specialists are able to:
- Determine the causes and circumstances of the incident.
- Analyse the liabilities involved and consider the claim from an insurance perspective to determine the conditions of application for public liability insurance.
- Come up with a precise calculation of the damage.
Our commitment: to provide insurers with everything they need to take a position on the liability of their policyholders and identify the next steps for the case. And all of this with responsiveness and agility.
Sense of commitment and complementarity of skills
Each type of case benefits from a tailor-made handling method, defined with our professional insurance clients.
This method involves the deployment of resources adapted to each claim, its complexity and its stakes. Although global, our offer and our interventions are modular according to needs and expectations:
- Remote expertise to optimise costs and response times;
- On-site expertise for more complex cases;
- Project mode in order to set up a team of loss adjusters with complementary skills and thus offer a comprehensive response to several aspects of a single high-stakes claim.
In France and abroad, the Stelliant group also offers a whole range of products and services on the entire risk chain, in addition to our expertise services.
- The verification of the amount of repair work by the construction economists of our subsidiary QANTEX.
- Delegation of management for a specific volume or type of case
- Advice, prevention, crisis management and investigation with INQUEST
- Post-loss solutions, from restoration to repair in kind and decontamination offered by GEOP x PHENIX to project management and design solutions offered by Geosynthese engineers.
handled each year