Local authority risks, a tailored approach.
Regional councils, general councils, municipalities, inter-communal structures, risk management is an essential asset to secure public action. Specialists in Civil Liability for local authorities, our loss adjusters provide public services with a solid knowledge of administrative law as well as technical and legal skills to assist each of them in…
Regional councils, general councils, municipalities, inter-communal structures, risk management is an essential asset to secure public action. Specialists in Civil Liability for local authorities, our loss adjusters provide public services with a solid knowledge of administrative law as well as technical and legal skills to assist each of them in managing these risks.
Territorial or local authorities subject to risks
Through their public action, local and regional authorities carry out numerous projects to maintain and develop the urban fabric, from the creation to the maintenance of roads, from the construction of buildings to the maintenance of networks… They are responsible for the losses linked to public works projects:
- Shopping centres or homes flooded following the diversion of rainwater, gas pipes or electrical conduits damaged, roadworks can sometimes have serious consequences.
- Responsible for Child Welfare (ASE), the departments can be implicated in acts of vandalism carried out by young people from the homes.
- Local authorities, which are responsible for the Departmental Fire and Rescue Service (SDIS), may be implicated through the actions of the fire brigade.
- But also as principals of major works, collapses causing underground damage or machine breakdowns causing damage to the public highway or private property are their responsibility.
The Civil Liability (CL) of local authorities is thus regularly involved in many situations.
Reliable insurance and public works know-how
From civil engineering or construction, our Construction and TRC experts are specialists in all building and public works pathologies: structural work, finishing work, public works, lifting, handling, etc. With solid legal knowledge, the result of in-house training, our experts master administrative law to which local authorities fall, whether it is the municipalities, the Departmental Council or the Regional Council. This background allows them to accompany any local authority whose responsibility is engaged.
They thus help to support any argument intended to appear in the context of a legal drift and this, on all aspects of Civil Liability:
- Civil liability operating
- Professional Liability
- Civil liability after delivery
- Civil liability before delivery
- Ten-year civil liability
A tailor-made intervention for high-stakes claims
The public service action of communities raises important and structuring issues for the population. To ensure optimal management of the risks specific to local authorities, the Stelliant group can mobilize, at the insurer’s request, a team of experts with complementary skills within a global offer:
- A Construction expert, CRAC approved, capable of detecting all building pathologies.
- A TRC loss adjuster in the event of a claim on a site that would paralyze the proper performance of the work.
- One or more construction economists from our QANTEX subsidiary to verify the amount of repair work.
- One or more Geosynthesis engineers, our project management and design subsidiary, specializing in large structures and other superstructures.
Large-scale fires with an INQUEST RCCI consultant, loss or theft of data relating to citizens with a cyber crisis management consultant, construction site accident on public roads, accident involving several vehicles and trucks transporting goods to the support from an Auto expert …
To deal with all these disasters likely to engage the responsibility of local authorities, we mobilize the most complementary skills present within the Stelliant group.
handled each year