Water damage, our loss adjusters by your side
80% of home insurance claims stem from water damage. However common this type of incident may be, it is no less trying for the individuals affected. Their home and its contents are damaged. Action must be taken immediately. The more unexpected the situation, the higher the policyholder’s expectations. Their need…
80% of home insurance claims stem from water damage. However common this type of incident may be, it is no less trying for the individuals affected. Their home and its contents are damaged. Action must be taken immediately. The more unexpected the situation, the higher the policyholder’s expectations. Their need is clear: support from an attentive water damage loss adjuster, assisting them through each step in the process of their case. Commissioned by insurance professionals themselves, Stelliant Loss Adjusting is a specialist in handling P&C claims. We provide more than just water damage loss adjusting services. Our team of dedicated experts is up to the challenge of any claim, no matter how technical, and handles losses with the right balance of empathy, integrity and objectivity. Our goal in this situation: support each individual as much as possible through this challenge until repair solutions are found so that they can return to their life before the incident.
Water damage: myriad causes
Everyone has experienced at least one water damage incident, whether large or small. It is the most common type of claim arising in the home. This does not make it any less difficult for those affected, or difficult to handle for loss adjusters, especially when it occurs in a condominium. The number of parties involved (affected owners or tenants, neighbours, property managers, etc.) and possible causes makes it even more complex to manage this type of case. There is a characteristic pattern to these types of incidents (leaks, ingress, run-off):
- Roof waterproofing failure,
- Poorly installed tap,
- Bathtub or gutter overflow,
- Supply or drain pipe leak,
- Household appliance leak (washing machine, dishwasher),
- Weak gaskets in the bathroom, etc.
But determining their exact cause can be difficult, depending on the case. Whatever the cause of the incident, rapid response by a water damage loss adjuster is crucial to limit the impact on the residence. Our responsiveness is the key to implementing provisional measures and seeking remedies. To be as efficient as possible, we also use an approach that has proven itself over years of use: remote loss adjusting or video loss adjusting.
Stelliant Loss Adjusting: a comprehensive claims management solution for individuals
When dealing with water damage, Stelliant Loss Adjusting forms a dedicated team for comprehensive case management:
- A manager supports the policyholder and the insurer, identifies the mission needs (in-kind remedy, private agreement, remote loss adjusting, on-site loss adjusting, etc.) and oversees the case.
- A water damage loss adjuster handles the technical, legal and contractual analysis.
- A technician who is specialised in finding leaks and understanding their cause will participate as needed.
- If necessary, a Stelliant Group company will repair consequential damage.
Our loss adjuster draws on these complementary skills put to work for our client and the policyholder to:
- Determine the causes of the incident. Our loss adjusters use all technical resources necessary to investigate the leak.
- Determine liabilities.
- Assess damages and come up with a compensation figure.
- Check the insurance contract clauses.
- Explain the amount received to the policyholder.
- Suggest trusted business contacts to do repairs.
When the Stelliant Group’s entities are called to respond to high-stakes claims, our water damage loss adjusters offer comprehensive claim management solutions.
Loss adjusting and water damage, a fine balance between empathy and technical expertise
At Stelliant Loss Adjusting, technical P&C specialists keep the human factor in mind. Victims are more than just a file number.
In addition to the technical expertise needed to comprehend this type of claim, our water damage loss adjusters understand the legal and insurance fields (such as water damage insurance). But they also demonstrate a high level of empathy. They use an educational approach to reassure policyholders and explain every step of the process. A
sense of service from the first moment to the last.
water damage claims
per day in France
for the overall management of the file