Cyber adjustment, calm after the storm
Threat not palpable, but well and truly present, cybercrime is the scourge of our era. $ 1.5 trillion is the cumulative amount of cybercriminal attacks so far in illegal markets. The real challenge is to break into access to corporate data in order to resell it. Whether during or after…
Threat not palpable, but well and truly present, cybercrime is the scourge of our era. $ 1.5 trillion is the cumulative amount of cybercriminal attacks so far in illegal markets. The real challenge is to break into access to corporate data in order to resell it. Whether during or after a computer attack, the cyber and finance experts of the Stelliant Group step in to understand the circumstances of the attack and put the corrupt information system back on its feet.
All exposed to cybercrime
In the simple year 2018, 5 billion pieces of data were thus pirated and sold! In this context, any company with an IT system is obliged to take protective and preventive measures to secure its data, that of its service providers and customers Companies in all sectors are faced with the possibility of a cyberattack. Hackers are looking for a loophole in the information system to access their computer data.
According to the 2018 Statista barometer, (French article) the 5 most common cyber attacks are:
- 73% phishing or spear phishing: fake emails, websites, SMS for the purpose of collecting data, especially bank account numbers
- 50% impersonation scams: embezzlement through false wire transfer orders
- 44% malware infection: malicious software
- 44% ransomware: malicious software for holding personal data hostage
- 40% social engineering: internal sabotage by employees giving access and information
Bring technicality and serenity after a cyber disaster
The impacts for the affected companies are multiple: slowdown in production (26%), unavailability of the website (23%), delay in delivery to customers (12%), loss of turnover (11%), shutdown of production (9%), but also an increase in workload, drop in employee productivity, or even a bad reputation of the company.
Despite the security measures of digital protection to protect themselves from these “computer burglaries”, companies find themselves helpless in the face of such a phenomenon. Once at the scene of the disaster, the intervention of our experts involves responsiveness and composure to limit losses before analyzing the factors and possible causes of compromise of the system, in particular via forensics.
Cyber crisis, our command of the entire chain
With 20 years’ experience in cyber risks, 200 cybercrime loss adjusters, and 400 to 450 cyber attack cases handled (accounting for 90% of cyber technology cases in France), Stelliant Loss Adjusting is a market leader with the support of its subsidiary, INQUEST.
INQUEST’s cyber technology consultants support companies across all industries. With INTRINSEC, a specialist in cyber security, INQUEST has developed a turnkey offer: EYE-T.
The EYE-T system provides those companies affected with complete control by helping them understand the exact level of coverage to expect for the claim under their insurance contract, and stays by their side all the way through crisis recovery support and implementation of a system security plan. Specifically:
- Locating exposed weaknesses: mapping external exposure, locating data leaks, locating vulnerabilities
- Threat Hunting: looking for global threats, Threat Intelligence
- Digital investigation: specialised response, evidence integrity
- Crisis management: strategy, implementation & support (communication, position, speech, etc.)
- Support with the French data protection authority CNIL: preparing for response & operation SLA
- Alternative data recovery solutions: recovery services using specific programmes
- Reconstruction: recovery support
If needed, finance loss adjusters can also lend a hand to assess financial losses incurred due to a cyber attack. One more reason to choose our comprehensive, scalable offer, which is easily tailored to meet the needs of our professional insurance clients.
handled each year