Lifting and handling, adjsutment to match

When construction professionals have recourse to the rental of lifting equipment (rental of a crane for example), only 20% protect themselves against risks by taking out machine breakage insurance covering the equipment hired. The remaining 80% expose themselves to risks and incur their own responsibilities. The lifting and handling sector…

When construction professionals have recourse to the rental of lifting equipment (rental of a crane for example), only 20% protect themselves against risks by taking out machine breakage insurance covering the equipment hired. The remaining 80% expose themselves to risks and incur their own responsibilities. The lifting and handling sector is highly regulated. The risks are numerous.

En savoir plus

Lifting professionals, constant exposure to risks

Handling and lifting equipment require great vigilance on the part of site workers and field supervisors.

Consequences of human negligence or equipment faults, a load can tip over a building during its lifting because of the faulty sling, or following a subsidence of the ground or the voluntary shunting of a safety by the crane operator .

In the context of claims related to a lifting device, Stelliant lifting experts are called upon in the first hours after the occurrence to intervene urgently on site.

Objective: to establish contractual relations between the various stakeholders, to establish a tree of causes, to highlight the responsibilities, to quantify the damages as accurately as possible, and finally to limit the downtime of the machinery and the stoppage of the site.

Precise skills for effective adjustment

Mechanical engineer having worked as technical coordinator for a concessionaire of construction machinery, technical director of production and manufacturing process, in public works machinery and lifting machinery, former technical manager for a control office … Experience Stelliant experts with their mastery of the construction sector, supported by their network, allows an objective approach to the most complex claims.As part of an expertise on lifting equipment handling, it is just as essential to know the rules on site , the configuration of the crane at the time of the accident, the lifting conditions, the characteristics of the loads lifted, if the damaged equipment is rented, the general rental conditions … in order to assess the configuration of the site and the operations in progress before the accident , observe the damage and ensure the management of this type of high-stakes file.

The challenge: to avoid confusion between the cause (s) and the responsibilities. After a disaster, Stelliant’s lifting and handling experts urgently examine the site on site, sometimes with the help of a drone or remotely using video expertise.

When necessary, in the event of a breakage of a mechanical part of the machine, our experts can rely on an additional analysis carried out by the Group’s internal laboratories.

key figures

30
years
of experience
250
construction specialists
including 200 CRAC qualified
+ 3.000
cases
handled each year

Nos références