Civil liability after delivery: after-sales technical know-how.
After delivery liability cover, also known as product liability or after works liability, allows the insurer to pay compensation for any damage caused to third parties by products after delivery, works or services after their execution. The contractual and extra-contractual liability of professionals and companies can be engaged by defects…
After delivery liability cover, also known as product liability or after works liability, allows the insurer to pay compensation for any damage caused to third parties by products after delivery, works or services after their execution. The contractual and extra-contractual liability of professionals and companies can be engaged by defects observed after the completion of work, suspected negligence following the provision of a service, defective products marketed, etc.
Claims covered by civil liability after delivery insurance
Despite the care and professionalism shown by companies and employees, incidents can occur in the course of their work (business, construction, etc.) and cause harm to third parties.
Civil liability after delivery insurance, product or post-work civil liability insurance covers material, bodily and intangible damage caused to third parties after:
- Product distribution and sales: consumer product nonconformities, agrifood contamination, faulty equipment design, etc… these claims are often serial and require complex recall campaigns that are covered by product civil liability.
- Work or service: construction defects, human error during services provided by a heating specialist (connection error causing a boiler to explode) or a chartered accountant (accounting errors made while performing duties), etc. These types of damage are compensated by post-work civil liability insurance.
Civil liability after delivery applies to a very wide variety of claims. An error suspected in the services of a chartered accountant does not require the same industry experience as a defective household appliance.
These incidents are directly related to the policyholder’s work, and require the support of a loss adjuster who can understand all the nuances of a problem.
Civil Liability know-how with solid technical knowledge
Upon receipt of the assignment, each After Delivery Liability file is pre-qualified in order to benefit from a personalised treatment by a loss adjuster specialising in our main fields of activity, in particular
- Industrial and consumer goods…
- Food industry: foodstuffs, damage to goods, etc.
- Construction or public works
Once appointed, our loss adjuster goes on site to establish the materiality of the damage, to determine the causes and circumstances of its occurrence, and thus to establish the liability regime applicable between the responsible party and the third party. Depending on the type of case, whether serial or not, our loss adjuster will assist in determining the need for and extent of a recall campaign. Some of the costs incurred for the withdrawal or removal may be covered under the After Delivery Liability cover.
On site or remotely, depending on the urgency and complexity of the claim, our intervention allows our clients to quickly decide on the follow-up to be given to the case, as well as on the financial stakes involved.
Tailor-made and complementary assistance
Accompanying each insured party in the management of their claim until it is resolved and in their relationship, sometimes conflictual, with the third party is one of the added values provided by our loss adjusters specialising in After Delivery Liability. Whether it is in the development of a recall campaign or the evaluation of a financial loss, our loss adjusters rely on documentary databases and technical data, particularly traceability data, to reach clear, precise conclusions that are consistent with the sequence of events.
When necessary, they can also rely on the other services offered by the Stelliant group:
- INQUEST’s in-house laboratories to carry out a battery of fatigue tests or analyses of the incriminated product and thus determine the possible defectiveness of a product or the serial nature of the disaster In the event of ignition, the consultants in Fire Causes and Circumstances Research (RCCI) can carry out reconstructions, with the product in support, in order to model the kinetics of the fire.
- The decontamination and repair services offered by GEOP x PHENIX, to restore a factory damaged by fire to its previous state. In France and abroad, the Stelliant group offers a global and modular service across the entire risk chain, from prevention to the implementation of repair solutions.
handled each year